Deer Photo Album
Elk Photo Album
Bird Photo Album
Shed Photo Album
Misc Photo Album
Trail Camera Pics
Other sites of interest
Big Game Hunting
Big Game Top Page
Rocky Mountain Elk
Special Permit Species (Goat, Moose, Bighorns)
Bird hunting top page
Bird Cleaning Tips
Big Game Units
100 series units (GMUs)
200 series units (GMUs)
300 series units (GMUs)
400 series units (GMUs)
500 series units (GMUs)
600 series units (GMUs)
Big Game Harvest Maps
Region 1 counties
Region 2 counties
Region 3 counties
Region 4 counties
Region 5 counties
Region 6 counties
Extras top page
Landowner Access Advice Deer browse information
Off season ideas
Jokes and Other Humor
Game Processing & trophy care/taxidermy
1,000,000 page views!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone who has visited this
site and has supported us. (Dec 27, 2012)
Welcome to our new Platinum Sponsor Port
Blakely Tree Farms!! Access Permits for thousands of acres of private lands
around Western Washington.
Happy Birthday to
HuntWashingtonState.com!!! We have been on-line for 5 years in
December. Thank you to everyone who has supported this site and
have made many successful hunters!
2011 seasons are underway!
Good luck to everyone! Be safe, be ethical, and create lifetime
Special permit drawing results
link Congrats to all who have drawn that special tag!
2011 and the new regs are out!
Get those special permit apps in by May18!!
We are on
Facebook (not really sure why...) But, we are posting some great
pictures. Like us and get updates to pictures and other information!
Hunters have a chance to win one
of nine 2011 special hunting permits if they report this year’s hunting
activities for black bear, deer, elk, or turkey to the Washington Department
of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) by Jan. 10.Hunters can report by phone (877
945-3492) or the Internet
should be prepared to give the game management unit they hunted and their
individual WILD identification number, which is printed on license
Season for Outdoor shows is
coming! Pacific NW
Sportsmen's show, Washington
Sportmen's Show, Outdoor Adventure & Recreation Show in Elma.
Check our calendar for specific dates!
HuntWashingtonState.com reached two milestones this week. 100,000
total visits and 500,000 page views. Thank you to everyone who has
supported this site! (posted 10-24-10)
Archery opens today!!! The season officially starts.. Good luck to
everyone! (posted 9-1-10)
- 2010 regs
Permits have been announced! Good luck to all of those special
season Deer and Elk permit applications have to be in by 3-31-10. Read
more about special opportunity at the WDFW website.
Sportsmen's show season is coming...
Portland, Feb 10-14 and
Puyallup, Jan 27-31 click on the
links to go to the websites for the shows.
Convention is Feb 19-20.
HuntWashingtonState.com is now on
Facebook. Be a fan of this site and receive regular updates from
- Season is
wrapping up for most big game hunters... Make sure to report your
hunting activity to comply with state law and be entered in the WDFW raffle.
17th!!! modern deer, upland birds and ducks! Good luck to
everyone! Send us your pictures and tips!
- Let the
arrows fly! Sept 1, 2009 is here! Archers... then
muzzleloaders... then rifles.. good luck to everyone! Let's see those
permits have been distributed for the year. Good luck to all of you
HELP WANTED! We
are receiving a number of requests for more information regarding Once in a
Lifetime Hunts and Special Permit Area information. If you've held
those coveted tags, help provide a fellow hunter with your information about
those special hunts! (contact)
- Time is
running short for hunters planning to apply for special hunting permits for
fall deer, elk, mountain goat, moose, bighorn sheep and turkey seasons. This
year’s application deadline is midnight May 20, nearly a month earlier than
in past years. Permit winners will be selected by random drawing, with the
results available by the end of June, said Dave Ware, game manager for the
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW)
2009 Regs are out.
New for 2009: Hunting Pamphlets
Available Earlier (mid-April) Special Permit Applications Due Sooner (May
Starting in 2009, the Department will publish the hunting pamphlets
in-house. This will allow for the pamphlet to be available nearly one month
earlier. Since the pamphlets will be available sooner special permit
applications can be submitted beginning April 20 and will be due by midnight
on May 20. Drawing results will be available before the end of June instead
- Season for Outdoor shows is here! Puyallup Jan 21-25 Seattle Sportsmens Convention Feb 13-14
- Most of the big game seasons have finished for the year. Make sure you submit your hunting information before January! Make sure to report your big game hunting activity!!! whether you harvested an animal or not, you must still report. You can be fined for not reporting and if you report on time, you can get the chance at drawing one of a number of special permits. click here
- Director of the WDFW, Jeff Koenings, Ph.D., has announced his resignation, effective Dec. 11, after a decade of leadership in fostering scientific and collaborative management of state natural resources. Good luck Dr. Koenings! Thank you for all you have done for Washington Hunters and Fisherman. The WDFW appointed Phil Anderson as interim department director. (posted 12-1-08)
- Opening day for Modern Deer and Ducks October 11th. Good luck everyone!
- Opening day for archery deer happens on Sept 1... good luck to you arrow flingers!
- 2008 Special permit season results are up... Get your WILD ID # and click here. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT HAVE DRAWN!
- 2008 Regulations are available on-line! Click below to go to the WDFW website. (.pdf)
- Important 2008 season dates
|2008 Special Permit Application Available||April 16, 2008|
|2008 Big Game Hunting Seasons and Rules Available||May 15, 2008|
|2008 Raffle Tickets Must Be Purchased By||August 4, 2008|
|2008 Migratory Waterfowl and Upland Game Seasons Pamphlets Available||Late August 2008|
|2009 Hunting Season Licenses Available||December 1, 2008|
|2008 Special Permit Application Submission Due||June 18, 2008|
|2008 Band-Tailed Pigeon Application Due||August 28, 2008|
|2008 Sea Duck Applications Due||September 25, 2008|
|2008 Snow Goose Application Due||September 25, 2008|
|2008 Brant Application Due||November 8, 2008|
|2008 Spring Bear Special Permit Submission Due||March 13, 2008|
|Big Game Hunt Harvest Report Due (for Incentive Permit Drawing Eligibility)||January 10, 2009|
|Big Game Harvest Report Deadline||10 days after your harvest or the season end. No later than January 31, 2009, unless your special hunt or late season exceeds this date.|
|Brant Harvest Report Due||February 15, 2009|
|Sea Duck Harvest Report||February 15, 2009|
|Snow Goose Harvest Report Due ||February 15, 2009|
|Band-Tailed Pigeon Harvest Report Due ||September 30, 2008|
|Pheasant Permit Return Due ||December 31, 2008|
|Harvest Report for Previous Year Estimated Availability ||Mid-May for Website|
Late June for Printed Version
|Status and Trend Report for Previous Year Estimated Availability ||TBA|
2008 Spring Turkey Pamphlet is available! click on the picture to download from the WDFW website.
- WANTED! A newly formed Washington specific chapter of Hunt of A Lifetime is looking for volunteers and sponsors. Send Steve G. an email at SteveG@huntofalifetime.org This is a great organization. "Hunt Of A Lifetime" is a nonprofit organization with a mission to grant hunting & fishing adventures and dreams for children age 21 and under, who have been diagnosed with life threatening illnesses. We are doing what we can to make a difference in their life, a dream come true."
- Master Hunter orientations are being offered in Ellensburg and Olympia. The orientation meetings will focus on the Master Hunter program application process, requirements for certification and the role of the master hunter. The meetings are open to the public and no pre-registration is required. The meetings will be held:
Feb. 23, from 1 to 4 p.m. in Ballroom A at the Central Washington University Student Union Building in Ellensburg. - March 22, from 1 to 4 p.m. in Room 172 of the Natural resources Building (NRB), 1111 Washington St., Olympia.
Presentations at both meetings will begin at 1:15 p.m., followed by a question and answer session.The Master Hunter program is a voluntary program sponsored by WDFW. Formerly known as the Advanced Hunter Education program, the program has been redesigned to promote the highest standard of hunter ethics and help assure continued hunting opportunity in the future. Master hunters participate in controlled hunts to eliminate problem animals that damage property and/or threaten public safety. In addition to providing certification, the program emphasizes safe, lawful and ethical hunting practices.
The deadline for enrolling in the 2008 Master Hunter program is April 16. Details on the program and enrollment procedures are available at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/masterhunter .
- HuntWashingtonState.com turns 1 year old February 1, 2008. Thank you to the thousands of visitors to this site and all of the great feedback, keep it coming!!! A number of people have provided comments regarding the information available here and in some cases have helped people get their first deer or bird. Exactly what this site was built for.
- Brant goose numbers in Skagit County are high enough to allow a seven-day hunt later this month, according to the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW). Brant hunting in the county will proceed as scheduled Jan. 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, and 27 with a daily bag limit of two geese. Hunters participating in the brant season must have prior written authorization and a harvest information card from WDFW. http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/game/water/water.htm (posted 1-10-2008)
- Washington Sportsmen's Show (Puyallup) is coming January 23 - 27, 2008 link
- Evergreen Sportsmen's Show (Monroe) is coming February 21 - 24, 2008 link
- Pacific Northwest Sportsmen's Show (Portland) is coming February 6 - 10, 2008 link
- Big Horn Outdoor show (Spokane) is coming March 20 - 23, 2008 link
- Spring bear applications are available and due by March 13, 2008 "To apply for a permit, hunters must purchase a special permit application and a 2008 hunting license that includes bear as a species option. Hunting licenses, bear transport tags and bear permit applications may be purchased online (https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/ ), by phone (866-246-9453) or at any license vendor in the state" (posted 1-3-2008)
- Make sure to report your big game hunting activity!!! whether you harvested an animal or not, you must still report. You can be fined for not reporting and if you report on time, you can get the chance at drawing one of a number of special permits. WA Licensing @ OutdoorCentral (posted 12-29-2007)
- All general seasons are winding down for the year except for archery and waterfowl. Weather has finally cooperated and has pushed the northerns through, but, some reports state that on the eastside of the state, most ponds have frozen up for the season. Western Washington may have already had it's migration come through. (posted 12-12-2007)
- Check out all of the new items in our Extras file. Lots of useful information and interesting tidbits. Extras (posted 11-5-2007)
- WDFW has reported mixed success on birds and bucks last weekend. Dry and uneventful weather did not help hunters out in the field last weekend (posted 10-17-07)
- Good luck to all of you rifle guys and all you waterfowlers... Oct 13 is opening day! Don't forget to pack a camera and send us your photos!! (posted 10-9-07)
- Good luck to all the Muzzle stuffers out there!!! Opening day deer is the 6th of October (posted 10-4-07)
- Take the WDFW survey to help steer the next management cycle. 2009-2015 Survey Make sure you are heard! and comment on issues important to you. (posted 9-15-07)
- Opening day for arrow flingers tomorrow! Good luck to all (posted 8-31-07)
- WDFW announced Fall Waterfowl seasons Oct 13-17, 2007 and Oct. 20, 2007-Jan 27, 2008
- Fall Bear Season opens tomorrow!!!! Good luck! (posted 7-31-07)
- Special permit application results are out this week and in your mailbox by July 31, 2007. Here is a link to see if the special draw has selected you. Special Permits WDFW Make sure to have your WILD ID number ready to query the on-line tool (posted 7-19-07)
- New 2007 legislation has been enacted and signed in to law effective July 22, 2007 which allows first time hunters to waive the need for hunter ed with some caveats. Here is the full text. HB1249 (posted 6-6-07)
- 2007 regs are available! Here is a link to the WDFW Regulations and Harvest reports
- 2006 Harvest reports are now available from the WDFW Status reports Use these reports to see how successful an area or a special permit has been. (posted 4-27-07)
- Check out the new Google maps tool for each area. We will try to build and post new maps as much as we can. When you click on the map for the area, you will be directed to Google Maps. Press "satellite" and you should see helpful information.
- Here are some important dates to watch out for. (posted 4-3-07)
- 2007 Special Permit Application Available
May 15, 2007
2007 Late Fall Turkey Applications Available
August 1, 2007
2007 Big Game Hunting Seasons and Rules Available
May 15, 2007
2007 Raffle Tickets Must be Purchased By
August 6, 2007
2007 Migratory Waterfowl and Upland Game Seasons Pamphlets Available
Late August 2007
2007 Hunting Season Licenses Available
December 1, 2007
Application Related Dates
2007 Special Permit Application Submission Due
June 28, 2007
2007 Late Fall Turkey Applications Due
August 31, 2007
2007 Band-Tailed Pigeon Application Due
August 28, 2007
2007 Sea Duck Applications Due
September 25, 2007
2007 Snow Goose Application Due
September 25, 2007
2007 Brant Application Due
November 8, 2007
- Spring Bear tags will be awarded by March 31, the season is April 15 through June 15. You are too late to apply if you haven't done so, already (posted 3-22-07)
- Spring regulations are out for Turkey. Season is April 15 - May 31, 2007 here is a link to the pamphlet. (posted 3-15-07)
- Spring Turkey Season is coming up (generally April 15) Watch the WDFW website for their posting. We will update the News section when this occurs so that you do not miss any crucial special hunt application deadlines. (posted 3-3-07)
- WDFW generally posts the year's regulations sometime in the beginning of May. Watch the WDFW website for their posting. We will update the News section when this occurs so that you do not miss any crucial special hunt application deadlines. (posted 3-3-07)
- 2007 Spring bear apps are due no later than March 13, 2007. WDFW NEWS RELEASE (posted 3-2-07)
- Hunt Washington State Goes Live!!!! (12-2006)
Home -- Contact -- About -- Links -- Sitemap